2023-2024 School Year
- Front doors open at 7:15 am.
- Students will enter through the front doors of the campus if they are a walker, bike rider or parent drop off.
- PK and Kinder students will enter through the left front door (follow the sign above the door).
- 1st and 2nd grade students will enter through the middle front door (follow the sign above the door).
- 3rd-5th grade students will enter through the right front door (follow the sign above the door).
- Students can have Breakfast in the cafeteria from 7:15-7:45 am.
- Morning Assembly will begin at 7:30 am.
- Morning Assembly will end by 7:40 am.
- Any student that arrives after 7:40 am will walk straight to class or after the conclusion of Morning Assembly.
- Parents will give a confident hug goodbye to their child at the front doors of the school.
- Our school hours are from 7:40-3:10pm.
- Dismissal will begin at 3:10pm.
- Your child will either be classified as a walker, bike rider, bus rider, After School Care, Parent Walk up or Car Rider.
Our Dismissal Procedures have not changed from last year’s procedures.
Please ask your child's teacher where your walk up location is.
Your Family will receive a Family Number. Family Numbers have changed since last school year. You must have this Family Number visible on a sign provided by your child’s teacher for Parent Walk Up or Parent Pick Up/Car Rider.
NOTE: If you do Parent Walk-Up (parking your car, walking up to the school to pick up your child) and have multiple Eagles to pick up, you may want to designate your oldest Eagle as a walker and have your child meet you and your youngest Eagle at the younger Eagle’s Parent Walk-Up Location.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures/Locations/Maps
Please use this link to review our arrival and dismissal procedures and pick-up locations.
For the safety of our students and the entire campus community please do not bring your dogs onto our campus grounds, especially during arrival and pick up. Thank you.
- Summitt Elementary is a locked campus, and all exterior doors are locked during the day. The exception is the front school doors which will be unlocked from 7:10 – 7:45 am. The doors will be locked at 7:45 am. At this time, any visitor remaining in the school will be required to come to the office to get a badge. Morning announcements will occur to remind everyone at this time to obtain a badge.
- Staff will be in the office at 7:45 am to issue tardy slips to students and will give the student white index cards for parents to sign if their child is tardy. If a student shows up to their class without a slip, they will be sent to the office to obtain a slip.
- Anyone waiting to enter the school building after 7:45 am will need to ring the doorbell at the front doors. The office staff will be able to see the person(s) on the school camera. They will buzz in the person to enter to come to the office to obtain a visitor badge.
- The commons doors which are the interior double doors to the first-grade area, second-grade area and third-grade area will remain unlocked until 8 AM to accommodate students coming in tardy. After that time, office staff will escort students to class or the classroom teacher will be called in order for students to be able to enter their commons area. This includes the annex building for our fourth and fifth-grade students and our portable building classrooms.
- Parents who need to pick up their child early need to have a badge and a slip to get that student from the cafeteria, outside, etc. or the student will be called to come to the office.
- Lunch Visitation is on Wednesdays and Fridays– Parents that choose to eat in the courtyard will be locked out. Therefore, if another parent is inside and sees that a parent WITH A BADGE is knocking for access back into the building, they may open the door. We want to encourage Summitt community support. If the person does not have a badge, please have them go to the office.
- The afternoon pick-up is specific to your child, so if you have questions please touch base with the front office.
- There will not be anyone to open the front door with the buzzer after 4:00 pm. Extend-A-Care will have its own doorbell/parent system to enter the building.
- Please remember that only staff with proper badges will be allowed to enter the building through locked doors with instructions to not allow anyone to follow.